An Effective Guide to Cross-Platform Mobile App Development
The mobile app development market is overgrowing more than ever before. Today, the mobile application has become a non-stoppable explosion. From a simple alarm app to social media, connecting with businesses, and entertaining yourself, Mobile apps have made your life easy going. The year 2015 generates a revenue of 69.7 billion US dollars. While in the year 2020, $189 billion revenue is expected to grow globally.
With the above stats, we can ensure that cross-platform mobile development tools are on the rise. So, you need to choose which platform or resource works best at the same time. No doubt, native applications come with advantages, but cross-platform app development will surely make a difference and help users to access more than one platform at a time.
In this effective guide to cross-platform mobile app development, we’ll get to know about how it's the best suitable tool for you. Before moving further let’s begin from scratch.
Explain Web Apps
Web apps generally run on the web and are stored on various remote servers. One drawback is they require internet connectivity to run on devices. They aren’t available in any mobile app store.
Explain Hybrid Cross-Platform Apps
- Apache Cordova
- Adobe PhoneGap
If you’re a startup and need to know how mobile applications can help startups and give wings to your app idea, then you shouldn’t miss out on these tips.
Explain Native Apps
They are developed to work on a specific platform. For iOS Apps, you need to write code in Swift or Objective C language. The tool it uses is Apple’s XCode. For Android apps, you need to write code in Java or Kotlin. It uses Android Studio as the main IDEs.
Explain Native Cross-Platform Apps
It’s kind of the best one where you can write once and use it anywhere. Once you write code, it later translates into the native code of multiple OS by allowing you to publish on different platforms with minimal effort. Few Native Cross-Platform apps cover:
- React Native
Looking to build an application with Native App Development?
Moving on with the topic, let's go in-depth to understand the Cross-Platform Development in brief.
What is a Cross-platform Development?
It’s a process to create mobile apps that are published on multiple platforms using a single codebase, instead of developing the app numerous times. Features of Cross-platform development includes:
- Reusable Code: Write code once and export it to many OS systems and platforms without creating a dedicated app for a single platform.
- Convenience: It saves you from learning multiple programming languages.
- Maintainable Code: You only need to update your codebase whenever you modify or update your application.
- Cost Efficiency: No need to have various teams so saves the cost of resources and most cross-platform tools are available free.
- Market Reach: You’ll get a wider market reach as you can publish apps on multiple platforms which increases the chance of your business growth.
iOS and Android markets are bringing new opportunities in the market. Check Mistakes to Avoid When Developing A Mobile App.
Languages used in Cross-Platform Development
We know that there is only one code for various platforms, but cross-platform development can conduct multiple languages. Have a look at the programming languages that support cross-platform app development.
- Java: It’s a core language for Android, is concurrent, object-Oriented, and designed to have few dependencies.
- C++: It’s a language used for general purposes and isn’t as advanced as Java. It is object-Oriented, imperative and generic programming features that well-suit the cross-platform development.
- C#: It is equivalent to objective-C where the programming language is imperative, generic, declarative, functional, object-oriented, and other component-oriented disciplines.
- Ruby: Ruby is a language designed in mid-1990 Japan. It's a mobile-specific language that covers elements for general-purpose, reflective, object-oriented, and interpretation.
Want to build an Android application then have a look at Top programming languages for Android App Development
Best Tools for Cross-Platform Development
If you have planned to build a cross-platform app, then you need to pick a development tool that best suits you. Here we have narrowed down the tools and have listed a few best tools for cross-platform development.
- Apache Cordova
- Kony App Platform
If you find it difficult to build a Mobile application, then here’s a guide to guide you on how to hire a mobile app development company.
Neglecting the world isn’t an option for doing business.
We need to reach out to various mobile app development companies through different mediums. Currently, over 3 million apps are placed in Google Play Store and 1.8 million apps on Apple Store, so choosing the right platform has become important for mobile app development.
Let’s scan the list and understand All Top Cross-platform Mobile App Development Frameworks in brief.
Most people who have come across mobile app development have faced this confusion of cross-platform vs. native at certain times. Few of them choose cross-platform, and many don’t come back saying it’s costly.
So, what’s the reason why mobile app development companies are getting disappointed, is it due to the higher cost of cross-platform development? It can be a question of hundreds of peers out there who are looking to develop a cross-platform mobile app.
Should you go for Cross-Platform? What is the exact cost of Cross-platform mobile development?
Quick Tips for saving with Cross-Platform
- Uses Common Code: Codeless and aims for two to three more platforms.
- Single Team: Can use one team to make life easier.
- In-Sync Versions: You can use one version. Therefore, it’s well in sync unless you need to redevelop the UI for each platform.
- Unique Framework Libraries: You can’t use regular native libraries, so it almost uses unique frameworks.
From the above tips, it’s well understood that you can save 60% of your cost as it uses a single codebase. Can use only teams so saved in hiring multi-resources. It’s pretty simple to get convinced that you can save half of your total cost per project.
Do you know you can make money from free apps? Yes, it’s true! Understand the methods for monetization after you develop a mobile app.
Cross-Platform app development is one of the best apt solutions for doing business. You can create a robust and multi-devices support platform using this single codebase cross-platform development. Hire Cross-platform App Developer to accomplish your mobile app goals for small startups to complicated mobile applications.
If we have missed out on anything, then you don’t miss to look out at the ultimate guide to mobile app development. We have expert teams of mobile app developers who are ready to offer the best rich features and scalable, designed mobile applications to grow your businesses. We’ll be happy to serve you best. Connect with us.