Ecommerce and Search Engine Optimization(SEO): All you Need to Know
For any business owner getting traffic comes on the top of their mind. If one masters eCommerce SEO, then it gets consistent, high-quality traffic. If one puts much effort into building a company eCommerce website, then look for search engine optimization.
Optimizing your digital presence does not need professional coding skills or an ultra-expensive site that manages software. Take some online tools and use a bit of strategic elbow grease.
What is eCommerce marketing?
eCommerce Marketing is a practice that uses promotional tactics to drive traffic to the online store. It converts traffic into paying customers while retaining customers’ post-purchase. Additionally, an eCommerce marketing strategy is a combination of marketing tactics both on and off your website. Users can promote the online store by using eCommerce marketing tools to drive more sales for specific products.
What is eCommerce SEO, and why does it matter?
SEO is a process to generate organic traffic from sites like Bing, Google, and Yahoo. eCommerce SEO helps to get more traffic if you want your page to rank higher. Ensure that your website is optimized for search engines and use keywords, technical set up of web stores with having a huge impact on SEO optimization. A few of the eCommerce SEO strategies are:
1) Technical setup: It helps optimize the technical part of the web store like HTTPS, page speed, mobile-friendliness, indexation, canonical tags, heading tags, etc.
2) Content: Optimize content using search terms, including URL, H1 header, meta description, and meta title.
3) Link Building:
- Think about internal and external links.
- Keep on the top of the resources link back.
- Choose the right source and boost your organization's brand reputation and credibility.
4) User Experience: Google reveals that the user statistics determine which sites rank on search engines. It adds bounce rate, conversion rate, time on page, etc. Google ranks on the first page of search results where 75% of people never look past page 1 and add significant value.
Few of the challenges for eCommerce SEO
Lack of quality content
The problem with optimizing eCommerce SEO is that few sites forget that it’s not about the quantity of content. Instead, it’s about the quality of content. Get a concise description accompanied by pictures.
Forgetting technical setup
We know that content is the king, but we can’t forget about the technical SEO setup. A few things add mobile-friendliness, HTTPS, XML sitemap, indexation, page speed, and often overlooked.
How to perform an update and optimize your SEO?
- Get best keywords based on both commercial keywords for your category and product pages, along with adding long-tail keywords for your blog content.
- Select the right keywords on the right pages on your site.
- To enhance your site on-page SEO by creating or updating the content with the best result for its target keywords. Ensure to link it to your essential product pages.
- Optimize the site by performing an SEO audit, fixing site architecture, and reducing everything needed to optimize the crawl budget.
- Build white-hat links to the most important pages.
- Sit back and watch the business grow.
Steps for eCommerce website SEO
1) Keyword Research
Do keyword research on product headline, description, image alternate attribute, meta description, and subheadings. Use the latent semantic index LSI keyword, which helps Google understand the page in context.
2) Site Structure for Ecommerce
The site structure gets complicated and offers right from the beginning, saving you tons of time down the road. Keep the site structure simple and easy to scale as the store grows. The site page comes with few clicks from the homepage as simplicity is underrated. One doesn’t need to rearrange your site structure; instead, add a new product category.
3) On-Page SEO for eCommerce website
The site structure is ready to rock the optimized value pages if you have done the keyword research. It adds product category pages, product pages, etc. There are few optimized skills included in it: edit the title tags and meta descriptions to make sure your file names have keywords. Choose the URL for blog posts, products, webpages, and collections.
4) Technical SEO For Ecommerce website
eCommerce websites depend on technical SEO issues. Technical SEO is a process to ensure the website meets the technical requirements of modern search engines. It works on improved ranking. Also, the element includes indexing, crawling, website architecture, and rendering. Technical SEO ensures to offer security and structure of the site that meet the expectation of search engine algorithms and search based on results. It includes techniques like:
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
- Ensure site is mobile-friendly
- Speed up the site
- Duplicate content issues
- Create an XML sitemap
- Enable AMP
- Add structure data markup to a website
5) Off-page activities for an eCommerce website (Link Building for Ecommerce Sites)
Link building is an essential part of SEO for eCommerce site owners. It ranks high on google for relevant terms with having a physical shop on a busy high street. The user gets tons of sales as it’s the right place if you’re looking to spend your money. A few of the best examples of effective eCommerce websites are:
- Helps to embrace Video Marketing
- Leverage Extreme Products to build Links
- Use influencers to create content assets
- Creating a feature that makes your product shareable
- Offers samples products to influence bloggers
Check here off-page activities in detail.
6) Content optimization & marketing for eCommerce website
For becoming the leader in the industry, ensure to have well-optimized content. If you miss clicks, you miss sales. Therefore, it’s better to focus on optimizing the eCommerce website to address the problem. To get the best output, one needs to reach the largest audience with the help of the following pointers:
1) Write unique product descriptions and Meta Title
- Optimize Text Length
- Understand what makes the product unique
- Define the brand’s tone of voice
2) Take Benefits of Personalization
- Focus on On-page SEO
- Use a simple URL structure
- Do not underestimate the power of grammar and stylistics
- Improve Site Structure and Navigation
3) Use Internal Links Strategically
- Use Natural Anchor Text
- Link-to High Priority Pages
- Use Breadcrumbs
4) Optimize Call to Action
Ecommerce Marketing Strategy
When one knows the ins and outs of eCommerce marketing, build a successful marketing plan for your online store. Few pointers are:
- Break down your small tactic strategy
- Set goals based on industry benchmarks
- Comfort your new and long-term customers relationship
How to develop an eCommerce SEO strategy?
eCommerce SEO is a massive task if you have a populated website with tons of products. It takes time and speeds up the process by using a solid plan. A few of them are:
- Prioritize Pages
Understand which site offers the most traffic. If you’re looking for people to focus on a specific product, optimize that product first.
- Create a workflow
SEO needs many specific requirements while choosing keywords, naming images, adding metadata, and incorporating known keywords based on category.
- Check Competition
The eCommerce SEO strategy is designed to outwit the competition. If you look at the top competitor site, then check for SEO efforts.
- Follow CRO
CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) should follow SEO for better results.
Which are the best eCommerce SEO Tools?
If one needs to use the best eCommerce SEO strategy, then use the right tools. Here, we have a few helpful websites to find the best ways to improve on-page and off-page SEO with greater visibility in the search engines.
It’s one beneficial tool that isolates the best keyword by targeting eCommerce sites and finding related keywords. It helps boost the ranking and scrape various sources like on the web data about related CPC, keywords, search volume, etc.
It’s a tool that helps to track and optimize eCommerce SEO strategy. It helps in finding backlinks and emailing the person with establishing a rapport. It comes with a link that suggests a high-quality post which the audience might be interested in.
It’s one of the ideal tools that track and find keywords. Find link-building opportunities by analyzing competitor page metrics. Moz comes with a free and paid subscription that helps in deciding how much power you need to fuel your eCommerce SEO campaign.
If you’re looking for a great SEO tool, then screaming frog is for you. It helps to find a problem like missing meta descriptions, identify the problem, create redirects, etc. It comes with a free version with 500 URL extensions and an upgrade to premium.
eCommerce is a website that helps your businesses to use marketing tools at their disposal. One needs to use digital and inbound marketing that creates campaigns designed with the help of online stores to attract customers and grow better. Start with talking to a technical SEO, content marketing for eCommerce, link building, and so on.
Look for the checklist for eCommerce SEO for better results
- Choose the right keywords
- Focus on the homepage SEO
- Optimize product pages
- Simplify your site architecture
- Conduct competitor research
- Reduce page load speed
- Use responsive design
- Create backlinks
Get it done right!
SEO work does need a lot of time and dedication and doesn’t work as a one-time deal. As Google is one major search engine, it updates its algorithm to bring the best results to searchers. Also, with this, one needs to stay on the top while adjusting the strategy. I hope the guide helps you to boost the sales for your eCommerce site.