Ultimate Guide to App Store Optimization (ASO) to watch in 2020
For any application to be noticeable on the App store is one of the dreams come true, isn’t it? App Store Optimization is one such way to increase visibility and discoverability in the app stores like Google Play, Amazon Appstore, and Apple App Store. ASO can help to improve the ranking of mobile applications within app stores. Some developers and designers wonder why App Store Optimization is essential, then for them here, and we have the ultimate guide to App Store Optimization.
Why do you need to have App Store Optimization (ASO)?
Just imagine how much time users spend on their mobile devices. Nearly 90% of them are using applications for making transactions, for communication and business-related work. To be successful as an app developer or owner you need to
- Find an app that works well for any users
- Your application can encourage the user to download
- The user can get benefits from your application
After developing an application, your next step should be towards optimization as to how a user can find your app in the app store.
Talking about the statistics:
- Around 1.84 million apps are available on App store which isn’t downloaded yet
- About 3 million apps are available on Google Apps that aren’t download
- 60% of digital media traffic comes from mobile applications.
- The above number is calculated in the past 2019 quarters.
In today’s time, tech is eternity. Most of us couldn’t imagine our lives without messaging and dating applications. We need to access our favorite brand and buy stuff without going to a physical location. SEO is one thing, and ASO is another best thing that you need to take care of.
What is ASO (App Store Optimization)?
ASO is a process of improving app visibility within app stores with increasing app conversion rates. The major stores are app stores for iOS and Google Play for Android. The app mainly focuses on click-through rate (CTR). It means you need to convince people to click into your app store. Optimize your app name, title, icon, screenshots, and rating. After people click on your app, make sure they download it or make a purchase. This kind of ASO is called Conversion Rate Optimization.
What is the difference between SEO and ASO?
We can refer to ASO as the app store SEO. Both processes work similarly when compared with Keyword Optimization, backlinking, and other conversion optimization. The main difference is the ranking factors as ASO utilized mobile apps where SEO is mainly used for websites. SEO is used for web browsers such as Google Search, and ASO is for shorter aspects which are not used by many.
Why is App Store Optimization important for app growth?
If we check the stats, then there are a million apps available to download from the Apple Store and Google Play store, which conclude that your application is facing a lot of tough competition. The aim of the ASO is to increase downloads and loyal users.
How can the user find your application and download mobile apps?
Some people are hunting for apps in the app stores. There are nearly 70% of mobile users utilizing search to find new apps and almost 65% downloads directly after a search. This one is the standard way to find a user. Also, the search position may differ based on downloads; higher ranking apps will first get priority to be chosen and downloaded. People won’t scroll more; they’ll check nearly 5-6 applications. Without ASO you might be missing out on the largest marketing channel for mobile apps and games.
Also check: Mistakes To Avoid When Developing A Mobile App
Few benefits of App Store Optimization?
Not all people will search for an app in the app store; you need to use ASO, which will get your application in front of the right users. Some people argue by optimizing the app by using the most effective marketing strategy.
Few of them are listed below:
- Improve visibility and stand out in the App Store
- Always get discovered by high-quality and relevant users
- Increase organic app downloads in a sustainable way
- Increase app revenue and conversion rate
- Cut user Acquisition cost and get continuous growth
Did you know? A targeted way to increase mobile app downloads!
How can ASO work?
As soon as your app is developed, you need to start publishing your application. Most developers choose the App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android. Additionally, you can publish on both if you decide to develop an app for both operating systems. Suppose you’re looking to know the critical differences between both OS the check below pointers.
- Both Apple and Google implement an app review process which ensures high-quality apps. The Apple process tends to take longer than Google.
- Keywords are associated with both stores and evaluated differently. The indexing process for Google play works similar to that of Google Search.
- Apple, on the other hand, provides a specific field for keywords and even get them from your competitors.
The ranking factor of Apple
- App Name
- App URL
- Keyword Field
- Rating and Reviews
- In-App Purchase
- Hidden Factors
The ranking factor of Google
- App Title
- Short and Long Description
- In-App Purchase
- Downloads and Engagement
- Hidden Factors
How is ASO done?
The app store features and fields may vary, so you need to use core optimization items and focus on doing ASO. After publishing your app on the app store, you need to follow simple steps to improve your mobile growth. Check below:
- Establish a clear App store strategy: Understand your users and use these insights when preparing your app information.
- Choose the Right name for your App: User needs to pick the right name by considering the character count along with making it unique.
- Choose the right keyword for your mobile app: Choose a keyword that you want to search for apps in the App Store and Google Play.
- Write App description: It’s an essential part which provides users with information and gives an overview of the main functions.
- Get the right app icon by A/B testing: Create more icon variations and find which gets more clicks. You can also test using different colors or characters your users prefer.
- Prepare App Screenshots and Videos: Once the user lands on your page, you need to convince them to download your application. Screenshots allow users to follow and how to use your app.
- App Listing and Localization: Make sure that you have your app listed and prepared visualized. Adapt an appealing geo-market and translate it into various languages.
- App Ratings and Reviews: Feedback is an integral part of ASO, and better rating are more relevant
App Store Optimization will take time and effort, but if you keep on optimizing your app on app stores, then you’ll get better results. Increase your app awareness with an excellent conversion rate with us. Hire mobile app development company, Check Portfolio, and optimize your app for the app search.