About This Role
A Senior Software Engineer is a professional responsible for directing software development projects, producing clean code, and leading a team of engineers.Read More
Key Result Areas:
Additional Roles and Competencies:
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and leadership to the team, ensuring they have the support and resources needed to deliver high-quality work.
- Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders/clients to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the expected quality standards.
- Collaborate with the team to design software solutions that meet business requirements and align with the company’s technical strategy.
- Review functional and technical specification documents. Review code to ensure it is maintainable, scalable, and adheres to the company’s coding standards and best practices.
- Ensure that the software development meets quality standards by collaborating with the QA team to establish and maintain quality assurance processes.
- Communicate project status, technical challenges, and solutions to stakeholders and team members clearly and concisely.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in software development
- Prepare skill analysis, new skills, grooming assessments of team members, and ensure the team is always ready with upcoming tasks.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices, and technical leadership roles, including Agile development methodologies, agile/scrum methodologies and practices, DevOps, and continuous integration and deployment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Strong experience in software architecture design and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB.
- Experience with software development tools like Git, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & leadership skills.
- Continually improving coding skills, Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in software development
A bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field is required.