Setting up Latest Python Version on Windows – Quick and Easy way
Here is a quick and easy guide for setting up latest version of python on your Windows machine.
- Grab the appropriate installer version of Python from Official Download Page.
- Run the installer and modify all the default settings if you want to. When installing please note down the installation location.
- For the latest version.. default installation location is:
- Where 35 is the current python version. You can change your installation path if you want it to be installed somewhere else. For the sake of simplicity we will install python inside
- Now, we will set the system’s PATH variable in order to include folders that include Python executable, scripts and packages we’ll add later.
- Open up System Properties from My Computer
- Then click on Advanced System Settings
- Then Click on Environment Variables button. This will open up environment variables pop up.
- Now Edit PATH Variable and Add Python Executable path, packages path and scripts path.
- Now open up your command prompt and type python:
- C:> python
- This will load Python Console/Interpreter
Python 3.5.0 (default, Sept 09 2015, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (Intel)] on win62
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or license for more information.
- Press `
Ctrl + Z`OR type `
Enterkey for exiting from Python Interpreter.
- Well, now you have got it up and running Python on your machine!