As cloud computing keeps on overwhelming the scene in 2015, more and more enterprises need to struggle through cloud implementation. Cloud is here to continue for 2016 and for many more years as well. It’s obviously an admired choice. Decision makers are no more discussing about a single cloud strategy; they are embracing hybrid-cloud/multi-cloud solutions.
IT industry needs to be a strategic partner with each single business globally. They want to offer flexible solutions to fulfill all the varying needs of businesses. Not single methodology will address all issues, that’s why the multi-cloud strategy. Recent research demonstrates that,
” 76% of IT decision makers are planning to put into practice multi-cloud architecture, while 90% aim to at least apply some kind of cloud based solution within the upcoming era “.
Multi-cloud strategy is yielding great advantages; from cost savings to enhanced flexibility & beyond this as well. For any enterprise that is dealing with hurdles with in-house IT management, agility, cost reduction, etc. cloud is the preeminent platform. Off-cited cost and agility benefits of cloud technology implement to both “Multi-cloud” as well as “Traditional” environments. Other competitive benefits are also there which can build up organizations that apply multi-cloud strategies.
When you set up your apps on a multi-cloud environment, you get the benefit of reducing your dependency on a single provider. This relative independence can aid you to negotiate better service-level agreements or pricing or both. With decision criteria like performance, cost regulation and optimization at the top of the priority list, you can choose to keep few apps on-premises even as you migrate others to one or more open clouds.
- It enhances the failure recovery & geo-presence.
- It has capability to utilize cloud-specific solutions that are robust and unique from different suppliers as they are required.
- It also has capability to grab the public cloud advantages of low-cost and limitless scalability to move agile apps at the cloud platform.
- Utilization of a personal cloud for red-tape bound apps or more traditional infrastructure.
- Empower organizations to keep away from vendor lock-in and aids to choose superior cloud solutions to assemble different requirements of a specific app.
- The multi-cloud model also delivers redundancy that shrinks the danger of downtime.
There are number of cloud providers who support different solutions & deliver frequently growing arrays of features as well as abilities. Some offerings will not be carried by any other cloud provider. Multi-cloud serves you the ability to choose your beloved data services from any contributor to make a customized solution that best fits your organization’s requirements.
Multi-cloud solutions are also much more flexible during outages as well as maintenance. As a result, you will able to deliver better experience to the end-users and a highly established infrastructure for you to assemble a business on.
In core, multi-cloud is a set-up where an organization applies number of different solutions, platforms as well as apps into its cloud architecture. Rather than making use of a hybrid, public or a private cloud, the business associates numerous clouds into a single complete platform.
Why an enterprise needs a multi-cloud strategy?
- If the enterprise is a small firm with an actually niche offerings and has the possibilities to develop exponentially, multi-cloud strategy is just an approach to go with.
- Sometimes necessitating the requirement to perform with a local IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider where your current IaaS provider not able to reach.
- If the business is distinguished by spike in infrastructure demand crosswise geographies, a multi-cloud approach is the favored method to espouse, So on the basis of situations definite to you & tactically organize the multi-cloud strategy can assist your organization to get the best of latest technology & move ahead efficiently.
However, to assure that an organization’s multi-cloud operation is successful; a business’ cloud services need to perform easily & persistently. A multi-cloud approach is life-changing for businesses, enabling them litheness to extent offerings, save money on hosting services and eventually deliver improved solutions to their clients. By keeping in mind couple of key elements while dealing with an infrastructure, organizations can assure a flourishing transition as well as open doors of opportunities for modernization.
Is your organization all set to take on the challenge of multi-cloud strategy?