Build your Mobile Application with Native App Development
These are the days when you get an idea and end up developing an app. We aren't surprised that apps outpace websites in areas such as notifications, speed, personalization, and potential features. You need to decide which platform to choose and which is most suitable for your projects. Here are a few things you must know in advance:
Are you building an app for small screens?
- To manage large data might be more comfortable on the computer or tab but if you look for a micro transaction-based arcade then you should consider mobile app development instead.
How easily is your app accessible to the user?
- Any web app can be opened with just one click whereas a mobile app can be first found in the official Google or Apple Store and then installed before it can be used.
Does your application benefit in getting engagement?
- Your application should provide integration with Google or Apple Pay should give push notifications and widgets to help in the engagement of more users.
Let’s quickly summarize these approaches to clear the confusion
Native App Development
Native App Development platform involves building apps for a particular mobile OS where users can access them from any dedicated app store such as Google Play or App Store. If you are intending to build an app on Android then use the programming language Java or Kotlin. And In contrast, if you want to build an application for iOS then use a programming language such as Objective C or Swift. Most companies are planning to invest in Native App Development based on the benefits it offers in comparison to other types of the app such as Web App and Hybrid App.
Native over Hybrid App Development
Native is quite easy and despite the great number of resources, it can be understood easily. The same code can be written for each platform and largely be rewritten with little ability to share. A mobile app developer can use the same logic but the language, APIs and the development process are different.
Hybrid over Native App Development
Read Also: Mobile App Development Checklist for 2020
Cross-Platform altogether takes a different route as it uses tools like React Native, Xamarin, or NativeScript that adapt each specific platform with ensuring maximum customization with improved performance when compared to Hybrid. Cross-platform development companies will create low-cost custom apps that are secure, easy to maintain, and provide faster development cycles from long timelines of traditional app development.
Here we have a few key benefits of Native Mobile App Development, Dive in to know more:
Benefits of Native Mobile App Development
- Better Performance: The Native app is created and optimized for a specific platform. The application will offer a high level of performance. They are very fast and responsive and are built for a specific platform that is compiled using core programming language and various APIs.
- Consistent Look and Feel: Native apps offer smooth runs with great input and output. They are more superior to user experience where the flow of the app is more natural and comes with specific UI standards. It allows users to learn about the app by eliminating the learning curve of users to interact with the app with ease.
- Immediate Access to New Features: As we know, a Native Application is developed for a particular platform, you need to take advantage of all OS features. The application can directly use GPS, microphone, Camera, and more while executing in a faster way. Whereas Push notification works best and helps your app bundle ID using Google’s Cloud Messaging.
- Tends to have Fewer Bugs during Development: It becomes difficult to maintain two different applications in one codebase rather than maintaining two applications in two codebases. Native apps surely come with lesser bugs as it does not rely on cross-platform tools such as Cordova and Xamarin. You can also Outsource your project as many companies do, so, know why?
Native App Development for Android
- Android SDK with Android Studio, official IDE for Integrated Development Environment
- A comprehensive mobile app development platform
- Command-Line Tools for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Android Apps on PCs, Mac, and Linux
Native App Development for iOS
- Swift Programming language comes with the best security which catches the developer’s mistake before software moves to production
- Speed of the Native app for an iOS programming language is predictable and consistent
- Deliver best experience and performance to the developers using web-based REPL and making the programming language more powerful.
Native App Development Example
Native App Development Framework
With the growing mobile industry, the competitive phases are also increasing so selecting the right framework is a must. Let’s look at the framework that plays a crucial role in converting your iOS to Android and Android to iOS. Hire Native App Developers to get the best application solutions from businesses to ventures.
Native App vs. Web Apps
Talking about the Native App and Web App then, there is no SDK to work with web apps. It cannot be connected with device OS and doesn’t use its storage like native app development. As the browser is becoming more advanced PWA is used, as it works similar to Native App. The features it adds are:
- Sending Push Messages
- Uses touch screen elements
- Uses some of the device hardware
Hybrid App Development
Also Read: Why React Native is a Cost-Effective and versatile application for all platforms?
Comparison: Native App Development vs. Hybrid Development vs. Web Apps
|Technical Aspects||Web Apps||Hybrid Apps||Native Apps|
|Framework||Angular JS, React, MeteorJS||Xamarin, PhoneGap, React Native, TypeScript||OS comes with APIs, where the access to native tools support System|
|Platform||Multiple||Multiple||iOS platforms, Native Android|
|User Interface||Common for all platforms with limited Customization||It uses a similar design interface to a native app. Comes with Limited customization||Offers completely platform-specific UI with rich design, visual effects and animation.|
|Hardware Capabilities||Minimum Access to Device Hardware||Less access to device||Uses the capabilities 100% of the mobile device|
|Feature Set||Limited some devices uses APIs||Moderate Access with few APIs closed by hybrid mobile apps||Comes with wide access and offered a solution for unique and specific features|
|Internet Access||Becomes necessary to reload the web part||Web part renewal is necessary||Depends on the application. Can offer offline functionality|
Know More: PWA vs Hybrid vs Native
Top Native Applications
You’ll find thousands of native apps in the Google Play store as we can’t mention them all so here we have chosen a few of them to showcase to you to get a better idea.
The app is available free and is one of the powerful third-party keyboards with great themes. The keys allow gesture typing with supporting multiple languages and accessing the calendar. Additionally, you can add customized photos and GiFs to the Keyboard.
Uber is a ride-sharing mobile app that handles over 15 million trips daily and is written natively. To avoid affecting performance and user-base the interface is done in 2D for Android and 3D for iOS. Check Our Portfolio to create an on-demand application like Uber.
Users can get inspired via Pinterest as it gives slightly different experiences depending on the platform that we are using. Native Pinterest is reliable and functions great at the speed of light.
- Google Now Launcher
Launcher provides a great amount of UI flexibility with customizing the home screen with badges, icons, folders, and more with creating a scrollable dock. This is tailored specially for Android users with enabling a great user experience. Hire Android developers to level up your business.
It’s a password manager that secures private vaults and locks down your password and personal information with ease. With this app, you don’t have to remember all passwords or hit Forgot password several times as it's kind of a daunting task.
Native App Development Pros and Cons
|1) Great UI/UX Design |
2) Flawless Performance
3) Better Reliability and Security
4) Good Integration
5) Ability to operate Offline
6) Updated SDK
|1) Initial cost is High |
2) App content Requirements
3) Complex Maintenance
The initial Native App Development cost will be higher but gradually, in the end, you are going to save your time and money. As Native offers great speed, performance and leverages the device features, the user will get more personalized features. Native mobile app development will give you higher conversion rates and will ultimately boost customer loyalty. Mobile App can boost your business, know how to hire a Mobile App Development Company.
Thanks for Reading!
If you would like to learn more about Native App Development or are confused about choosing the platform, check our Ultimate Mobile App Development Guide to understand better. We are a mobile app development company that has experienced a team of programmer’s experts in Android App Development, iOS App Development, etc. You can hire our developers or simply give us a call to discuss your project requirements.