XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML, also known as HTML 4.01. XHTML 1.0 is a reformulation of the three HTML 4 document types as applications of XML 1.0. XHTML was developed to make HTML more extensible and increase interoperability with other data formats. XHTML 1.0 is the first document type in the XHTML family. XHTML defines a quality standard for your webpages, if you follows that then your web pages will be counted quality web pages and W3C certifies those pages with their quality stamp.
Feature Of XHTML
- Document developers and user agent designers are constantly discovering new ways to express their ideas through new markup with XHTML.
- Alternate ways of accessing the Internet are constantly being introduced through XHTML.
- Extensibility means that as new ideas for Web communication and presentation emerge, they can be implemented without having to wait for the next major version of HTML and browser support.
- It will help you to create better formatted code on your site.
- Using XHTML now instead of HTML makes any future conversion of the website easier.